Primary school (5 years) is divided in 2 main learning cycles:
- Cycle 2, from 6 to 9 years old, is composed by the classes of CP, CE1 and CE2. During this time students acquire the fundamental knowledge in reading, writing, speaking ans mathematics.
- Cycle 3, from 9 to 12 years old, is composed by two years in primary school (CM1-CM2) and the classe of 6ème. In CM1 and CM2, students begin to master learning skills in different disciplines. The become less teacher-dependent as they acquire their first autonomy in learning.
Learning in Primary school
- Language to thing and communicate.
- Learning tools and methods.
- Formation of individuals and citizens.
- Natural systems and technical systems.
- Representations of the world and human activity.